Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Take the world by storm

I'm writing this as I sit in the Campus Radio studio. We can't go on air today because there is an event happening outside. Some people on campus already hate us due to the fact we have crappy speakers. Hey, the DJ's can't do anything about it ok :P You've got to talk to management about it.

I was listening to Lukas Graham's 'Take the world by storm' and I was thinking about how I wanted to live in the states for a year. There is no way I'd migrate there because, Malaysia is always going to be home for me. Even if it's turmoil.

The reason for living in the US for a year was to attend the events I would like to someday hold here in Malaysia *cough* courtesy of Genius at work. ;) Flying back and fourth might be even more expensive, but I haven't done the calculations just yet. :P

Looking at the costs, damn son, I'm going to need about RM100k or so. That's for rent for a year, at 800$ a month, 1250$ a month for food, travel and all that haha. Where on earth am I going to get that sort of money! So I pushed the idea at the back of my head for a bit. Maybe get GAW up and running and just save money. See in a couple of years if I still want to do it.

I do want to take the world by storm and I know I will be able to do it, I just need to push myself. Hustle is the word. If you want it, go for it, right? However, I know my weakness is procrastination.

:(

The worst thing is that, I've talked about how I want to change (for years) and yet I'm still where I am, standing still.

Hustle is going to be a very important thing this semester because I'm writing a research paper for my Final Year Project. *yikes* Who knows, maybe if I hustle enough with my FYP, I might find enough of that hustle to push towards making things and not worry about perfection.

I honestly don't know what's holding me back, but I'm pretty sure it's being lazy. Also the fact that I have to edit my vlogs and see my face :P It's not self hate but it might sound like it. We all know that we are our own worst critics.

Be fearless Suemitraa, you can do it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment